Man’s best friend may be great for you, but they aren’t so great for your home’s HVAC system. While it may be nice to cuddle up to your fur baby every night after a long day at work, these lovable little family members can cause a wide variety of problems for your home’s HVAC system.
With the dog days of summer (yes, the pun was intended!) happening right before our eyes, it is ever so important that you have your HVAC unit running at full capacity in order to ensure that your home remains as cool as possible. Using these few simple tips, we will have both your fur baby and your HVAC units happy for years to come. When it comes to your fur baby and your HVAC unit, follow these few simple tips:
- Groom Your Pet Regularly: Not only will your pet thank you, but so will your home and HVAC system. By grooming your pet you will minimize the amount of hair that is shed which could clog up your homes air filters and ducts.
- Change Your A/C Air Filters Often: Just like humans, your fur baby sheds massive amounts of microscopic pieces of pet dander. The combination of fur and pet/human dander can cake in your homes air filters causing less air flow, ultimately making your system work harder to see less results.
- Clean the Air Vents and Ducts: Just like how the air filters get clogged by fur and dander, so can your air vents and ducts. The build up of fur and dander in the ducts fosters an area of growth for bacteria and viruses, leaving you and your loved ones vulnerable. When you vacuum your home, remember to switch on the hose and get those vents too!
- Get an Air Purifier: Purchasing an air purifier can greatly alleviate the stress your air filters receive. These machines can be bought at your local home improvement store and help to remove fur, dander, and other allergens from the air before reaching your air filters.
- Call Miller’s Services for Regular HVAC Maintenance: Give us a call at (804) 758-4314 to schedule an appointment to have your HVAC system’s maintenance done.
Keep your HVAC unit running smoothly throughout the summer with these simple tips. When you run into a heating or cooling need, call Miller’s Services’ team of professionals at (804) 758-4314 or visit our website www.millers-va.com for more information.