Tankless Water Heaters in Saluda, VA
Chances are, you don’t pay much mind to your water heater until it breaks, leaving you shivering in an ice-cold shower – and we get it. Out of sight, out of mind, right? But making some important decisions about your water heater now could save you from ever experiencing that icy chill or paying for expensive emergency repairs.
What are Tankless Water Heaters?
Tankless Water Heaters are becoming more common and popular as they offer a compact, more efficient alternative to traditional water heaters. As the name suggests, a tankless water heater does not have a tank to store hot water but instead monitors the flow of water to determine when hot water is needed.
Benefits of Tankless Water Heaters:
Tankless Water Heaters, also called on-demand water heaters, are capable of providing endless hot water (assuming they are properly sized for your home), which is an appealing feature for many homeowners. A few added benefits include:
- Space Saving – In many cases, tankless water heaters are up to ⅓ the size of traditional storage tanks and can be wall-mounted which is a convenient space saver for your home.
- Efficiency – Storage tank water heaters waste a considerable amount of energy by continuously heating water throughout the day, whether it’s used or not. Tankless water heaters solve this problem by operating only on-demand. So, they won’t use energy while no one is home. The efficiency of a tankless water heater can save you a hefty sum of money on your monthly energy bills!
- Comfort – There is nothing worse than coming home after a long day at work, looking forward to a nice hot, relaxing shower, only to find that there’s no hot water left! This is especially common in homes with large families that have a small storage tank which is limited by the amount of hot water it can replace and store. Tankless water heaters (when appropriately sized for your home) are not hindered by tank size and therefore will provide as much hot water as is needed.
- Longevity – As will all systems in your home, water heaters need regular maintenance to extend their lifespans. On average, a storage tank water heater can last roughly 8-12 years with regular maintenance. But a tankless water heater can easily last up to 20 years!
Does your Tankless Water Heater Need Service?
While regular maintenance is the best way to ensure that your tankless water heater runs efficiently all year long, there are a few issues that might signify that additional repairs are needed. These include:
- No Hot Water – This is the most obvious sign that something is wrong. If your water isn’t getting hot or just not hot enough, there could be an issue with the system’s heating element or with its fuel source. We can take a look and evaluate the issue for you so that it can be resolved quickly.
- Other Failing Appliances – Because your hot water affects the efficiency of other appliances, like your washing machine or dishwasher, it’s important to keep an eye on them as well. If something doesn’t seem to be working as it should, give us a call so we can assess the situation.
- Your Water Heater Shuts Itself Off – If your system shuts itself off, you may have a clog in the filter.
- Leaks – While leaks are a rare problem for tankless water heaters, they can happen when a fitting becomes loose.
- Odd Noises – You’ll likely hear a clicking noise coming from your tankless water heater, but if you hear a knocking, screeching, or humming sound, there is likely a problem that we’ll need to fix. Don’t wait for it to get worse – give us a call immediately!
EXPERT TANKLESS WATER HEATER INSTALLATION, MAINTENANCE, AND REPAIR IN SALUDA, VA
Installing a tankless water heater involves very specific requirements for plumbing, venting, sizing, and heat sources. Our service experts here at Miller’s Services are well-versed in all the latest tech and education that pertains to seamless tankless water heater installation, maintenance, and repair. They are always available to answer your questions and assist you with finding the right tankless water heater for your home.
24 HOUR EMERGENCY SERVICE, 365 DAYS OF THE YEAR!
Did you get stuck in an ice-cold shower? No problem! We’re available for 24 Hour Emergency Service. Give us a call at (804) 758-4314 and we’ll send one of our experts to solve the problem quickly and efficiently.